Data Driven Learning
By using Learning Analytics on e.g. click and log data from real courses we can statistically determine the impact of various methods, designs and strategies, such as Mindset and Self-Regulated Learning.
Explanation of pure question-based learning (in Swedish)
Vinnova, STINT, KTH:s Centre for Netbased Learning (RCN)
2009 - present
- O. Bälter, R. Glassey and M. Wiggberg, "Reduced Learning Time with Maintained Learning Outcomes," in Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 2021, pp. 660-665.
- R. Glassey and O. Bälter, "Put the Students to Work : Generating Questions with Constructive Feedback," in Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE, 2020.
- Viberg, O., Mavroudi, A., Khalil, M., & Bälter, O. (2020). Validating an instrument to measure teachers’ preparedness to use digital technology in their teaching. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy, 15(01), 38-54.
- O. Bälter, D. Zimmaro and C. Thille, "Estimating the minimum number of opportunities needed for all students to achieve predicted mastery," Smart Learning Environments, vol. 5, no. 15, 2018.
- O. Bälter and D. Zimmaro, "Keystroke-level analysis to estimate time to process pages in online learning environments," Interactive Learning Environments, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 476-485, 2018.
- O. Viberg et al., "The current landscape of learning analytics in higher education," Computers in human behavior, vol. 89, pp. 98-110, 2018.
- M. Svedin and O. Bälter, "Gender neutrality improved completion rate for all," Computer Science Education, vol. 26, no. 2-3, pp. 192-207, 2016.
- O. Bälter et al., "Student Approaches to Learning in Relation to Online Course Completion," Canadian Journal of Higher Education, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 1-18, 2013.
- O. Bälter, E. Enström and B. Klingenberg, "The effect of short formative diagnostic web quizzes with minimal feedback," Computers and education, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 234-242, 2013.