Researcher workshop on the IPCC WGIII 6th Assessment Report
Are you a researcher at KTH working in an area connected to the IPCC working group III report? Join the discussion on possible measures and the role of research in climate action. Welcome to a solution-oriented workshop held by KTH Climate Action Centre on the 4th May.
Time: Wed 2022-05-04 09.00 - 12.00
KTH Climate Action Centre welcomes researchers at KTH to a workshop where together we analyze the messages in the IPCC working group III report. All participants are expected to contribute with an analysis of the parts of the report that are more relevant for their field of research, and the goal of the workshop is to identify synergies between actions, obstacles to action, and discuss the role of research to enable progress on the climate goals.
The workshop is performed in collaboration with other initiatives at KTH, e.g. the Industrial Transformation Platform and the KTH Circular Economy Initiative.
If you would like to participate in the workshop, please sign up here: registration form Researcher workshop 4 May
- Main messages in the report.
- The purpose and anticipated outcome of the workshop.
- The workshop methodology.
- Workshop. World Café format with three rounds where we reflect upon three questions:
- How can scientific research at KTH support achieving the climate goals? Is there any research gap?
- How can climate action research at KTH result into societal action and impact?
- What major changes are needed in society in order to fulfil the climate goals? Which are the key stakeholders – and how can we at KTH work with them? E.g. business, politics, civil society, public organisations.
- Discussion, reflections, conclusions, plans ahead.
As a preparation for the workshop we would be grateful if you read the IPCC Summary For Policymakers and reflect upon the questions above.
The summary can be found here: IPCC Summary For Policymakers