KTH Transformation Day 2022 recordings now available
More than 140 people from academia and industry gathered at KTH in October 2022 to discuss the transformation of the food industry. The food industry accounts for a quarter of carbon dioxide emissions and is thus facing a gigantic transition, from production, transport to changed eating habits. Many participants reflected on how important it is that KTH now takes the initiative and leads the transition. The sessions were recorded.
Introduction: The food sector, what is it, what needs to be transformed and how do we keep within 1.5 degrees global warming goal?
- KTH researchers Kerstin Forsberg, Rebecka Milestad, and Francisco Vilaplana, in Swedish.
Session 1. Transformations happening in the food industry, part one
Short talks and panel discussion with representatives from the food industry and public sector. In Swedish.
- Orkla Foods Sverige – Anders Högberg, Research & Strategic Partnership Manager
- Södertälje Municipality & MatLust Development Node – Helena Nordlund, Project Leader
- Grönska Stadsodling– Natalie de Brun, Co-founder & CFO
- Arla Foods – Victoria Olsson, Senior Sustainability Manager
Session 2. Transformations happening in the food industry, part two
Short talks and panel discussion with representatives from the food industry. In Swedish and English.
- Volta Greentech – Angelo Demeter, Co-Founder and Chief Product Office
- Mycorena – Ramkumar Nair, Founder & CEO
- ICA Sverige – Sofia Steinwall, Head of Innovation & Concept Development
Session 3. Academic approaches and contribution to the transformation, part one
Short talks and panel discussion with KTH researchers. In English and Swedish.
- Fredrik Gröndahl, SEED, ABE, Blue Food
- Karin Larsdotter, Climate Action Centre
- Amparo Jimenez-Quero, CBH
- Michael Martin, IVL/SEED, ABE
- Björn Hedin, ITM
Session 4. Academic approaches and contribution to the transformation, part two
Short talks and panel discussion with KTH researchers. In English.
- Paul Hudson, CBH
- Stefania Giacomello, SciLifeLab/KTH
- Ricardo Vinuesa, SCI
- Mikael Hedenqvist, CBH
Session 5. What’s next? How to we take transformation forward?
Short talks and panel discussion. In Swedish.
- Sweden Food Arena – Marie Gidlund, Director of Operations
- National Research Program for Food – Inger Andersson, Chairperson
- Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI) – Camilla Eriksson, Researcher Civil Defence & Crisis preparedness
- Livsmedel i fokus – Ingela Stenson, Editor-in-Chief, Business Intelligence Analyst, Strategist, Transformer
What’s next at KTH?
Moderator Monica Bellgran. Rebecka Milestad and Francisco Vilaplana about KTH FOOD – a multidisciplinary research environment for sustainable and healthy food systems. In Swedish.
KTH puts the food industry in focus for a sustainable transformation
Report from the day: The food industry transformation discussed during platform day