CESAER, the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research, was formed in 1990. The network is an association for cooperation primarily in the field of higher education policy issues in Europe.
CESAER's consists of 50 technical universities from 26 European countries. The cooperation concerns both research and all levels of education. The network's office is located at KU Leuven in Belgium.
CESAER's mission is structured around five aims:
- learn from each other: share information and best practice in the areas of higher education, research, innovation and university governance.
- influence key bodies: aid policy-makers and funders to shape European strategies, policies and funding programmes
- participate in European funding programmes.
- promote our strengths globally: support our Members in displaying their excellence and distinctiveness at European level and beyond.
- advance debate on key issues: promote reflection and understanding of the role of science & technology in open knowledge societies.