The main KTH Campus is situated in central Stockholm and covers an area the size of the Old Town.
Since the early 20th century KTH has proven to be an important research and education institution of international status in fields that include:
- Engineering Pedagogics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Fibre and Polymer Technology
- Computer Science and Technology, Media Technology and Interaction Design, Speech and Music Communication
- Electrical Power Engineering, Fusion and Space Plasma Physics, Telecommunications and Networks, Information and Control Systems
- Industrial design and innovation, Product and production development, Materials development, Micro and nano technology, Industrial economics, Organisation and Management
- Pedagogical development and learning
- Future of societies
- Physics, Mathematics and Technical Mechanics.
Apart from research and education there are many central functions common to all the campuses:
- Student health
- KTH Entré
- Sports centre
- Housing agency
- The President’s administration
The KTH Campus is an area undergoing constant development, which ranges from living lab environments to new student accommodation. In 2015 the University received the International Sustainable Campus Network Award for its five-year campus plan – which focuses on sustainability and creating a living campus.
The campus area also includes other higher education institutions such as the School of Dance and Circus, the Swedish Defence University, and the University College of Opera.
Visiting address: Brinellvägen 8, Stockholm
Postal address: Kungl Tekniska Högskolan, SE-100 44 STOCKHOLM
Phone: +46 8 790 60 00
Emergency number: +46 8 790 77 00