Funding opportunities for research
This page is under development.
Funding opportunities for research and sustainable development
There is an increasing number of funding opportunities for research addressing different aspects of sustainable development, both in Sweden, in the EU and internationally. As a KTH researcher, you have access to a continually updated list of open calls within Sustainable Development and Environment from some of Sweden's major funding bodies (open to you with a kth.se account). You can also find any national and international open calls via Research Professional.
Many sustainability challenges requires multi-disciplinary collaborations, and some funding schemes require consortia of researchers and societal actors. KTH encourages researchers to lead and participate in such consortia or in the development of new research areas within sustainability. To support you with this, there are a number of opportunities:
- If you need help with arranging a network meeting or finding collaboration partners you can get support from KTH Sustainability Office ( email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- KTH researchers are encouraged to collaborate with the strategic partners of KTH, contact the partner managers for the partner to get support.
- KTH Sustainability Office has a yearly call for new, multi- or interdisciplinary pilot projects within Environment and Sustainable development.
- If you need seed funding for writing a larger research proposal, you can get seed funding from KTH Sustainability Office, contact ( email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org ). Some of the research platforms also have seed funding opportunities, and the Digital Futures regularly have open calls.
- KTH Research Support Office provides support to research projects at the idea stage, through the application process and contract management until the project ends.
- Register for e-mail updates from KTH Sustainability Office. Subscribe to news from KH sustainability Office here
Energimyndigheten - The Swedish Energy Agency
Naturvårdsverket - The Swedish Enironmental Protection Agency
EU and international
Horizon Europe, EU:s framework programme for Research & Innovation 2021-2027, starts early 2021 and when launched will publicize its calls on the Funding & Tender portal: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-search
- Contact Research Support Office for draft (of particular interest might be Cluster 5 - Climate, Energy and Mobility and Cluster 6 - Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment)
The Belmont Forum is an international partnership that mobilizes funding of environmental change research and accelerates its delivery to remove critical barriers to sustainability.
Nordic Energy Research is an intergovernmental organisation within the framework of the Nordic Council of Ministers.