Body in Space: How does it feel to float around in space?
Welcome to an event, held at the KTH Reactor Hall, where art meets science!
It is organized by KTH NAVET Centre, KTH Space Center as well as the producer and director of the film “Heart of an Astronaut” which will be the centerpiece.
Time: Tue 2023-12-12 08.30 - 11.00
The general theme is Body In Space which will concretize how it feels to float around in space by various visual and sensorial experiences, such as sonification of space data and image projections, including Christer Fuglesang sharing his journey to space.
The event will start with a screening of the film, which is a short documentary inviting you on the journey of an astronaut’s heart from Earth to Space. Its beats, its perils and its strength told by the astronaut’s doctor, the flight surgeon Brigitte Godard. It is a romantic trip of the cardiovascular system into space. The screening will be followed by presentations, Q/A and mingle with invited speakers!
Free admission, but only registered participants will enter KTH Reactor Hall, please register here to the event:
- 08:30 opening doors of reactor hall and mingle
- 09:00 Welcoming to the event by , manager of the reactor hall, and , director of NAVET
- 09:10 Short speech by State Secretary Maria Nilsson
- 09:15 Screening of
- 09:30 Panel discussion with guests:
- , director of Heart of an Astronaut
- , moderator / producer of Heart of an Astronaut and Ass Prof in Film and Media Production at SKH Stockholm Universtiy of the Arts
- , Astronaut and Director of the KTH Space Center
- , flight surgeon
- , Professor Emeritus of Baromedicine at Karolinska Institutet
- , Researcher in Orthopedics, muscle physiology at Karolinska Institutet and KTH
- 10:00 Q and A
- 10:15 Gym in Space and coffee break
- 10:30 Presentation by , Researcher at INAF National Institute of Astrophysics, Padova, Italy (15 min about The Audible Universe)
- 10:45 -11:00 Open discussion