Apply for postdoctoral fellowship split between KTH and NTU Singapore
Are you interested in conducting two years of independent research, split between KTH and KTH’s strategical partner NTU Singapore? Apply for Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 before 10 January.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is one of Asia's most prominent universities and an important partner for KTH. The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides a two-year tenure, splitting time between NTU Singapore and a WASP research group in Sweden. If selected, you will have the option either to start your first year with NTU Singapore or at KTH.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides a unique career opportunity for early-career researchers keen to develop their careers and gain international experience in Asia and Europe. The fellowship covers two years of independent research, split evenly between Nanyang Technological University Singapore and a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
The WASP is a major national initiative for strategically motivated basic research, education and faculty recruitment. It is by far the largest individual research program in Sweden. WASP has five partner universities: KTH, Chalmers University of Technology, Linköping University, Lund University, and Umeå University. In addition, research groups at Örebro University and Uppsala University that are members of WASP AI are also included in WASP.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to a diverse and select group of individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigour to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Big data and data analytics
- Software and security
- Mobility and autonomy
For the one year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD $100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD $80,000.
- Relocation assistance and generous housing grant of up to SGD $18,000 for the entire duration of fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the five focus areas of Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the one year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU and at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduated with a doctoral degree not more than five years at the application date.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- The applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
How to apply
The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 is open from 15 November 2021 to 10 January 2022, 23:59 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications should be submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal.
The following Supporting Documents have to be attached to the on-line application form. Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or degree certificate in English (doctoral degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than two pages, .
- Contact information of two referees (one must be a doctoral supervisor)
- Top three publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
For more information on the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022, please visit .
For more information on WASP, please visit .
Queries about the application can be directed to .