Current form of employment: Docent and Adjunct Professor in Wireless Systems at the Division of Decision and Control Systems. I am also employed by Ericsson Research (Radio Department).
Research interest: Physical layer and medium access control layer algorithms; radio resource management, performance analysis and optimization techniques in wireless access networks, with special emphasis on cellular networks; multiple antenna techniques; mmWave communications, device-to-device communications.
- Grading committee chair at the doctoral defense of Joachim Björsell, Uppsala University (PDF), 2022
- Grading committee member at the doctoral defense of Faraz Moradi, Lunds University (PDF), 2021
- Supervisor of Roberto Antonioli -- Best Brazilian Doctoral Dissertation in Electrical Engineering in Brazil in 2021
- Lead guest editor for Full Duplex Communications Theory, Standardization, and Practice, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine
- Editor of IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine
- Opponent at the PhD defense of Lei You (Uppsala U)
- Guest editor of the IEEE Communications Magazine Special Issue on Terahertz Communications
- Corecipient of the IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Prize 2018.
- Best student conference paper award by the IEEE Sweden VT/COM/IT Chapter for the paper "Delay Analysis of Group Handover for Real-Time Control over Mobile Networks", presented at the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) in 2018.
- Chair of the IEEE Communications Society Full-Duplex Communications and Self-Interference Cancellation Emerging Technology Inititaitives
- Editor of IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- Panel on Full Duplex Communications at IEEE PIMRC, 2019.
- Seminar on MIMO receiver design at the Advanced Networks Colloquia Series at the University of Maryland, May 2018.
- Task leader in the 5GCAR EU project for radio interface design
- IEEE Sweden VT/COM/IT Chapter - Board Member 2017-2019
- IEEE Broadband Wireless Access Workshop TPC Chair and Steering Committe member 2008-2014
- 100+ granted US and EU patent applications related to wireless communications