Introduction to Visualization and Computer Graphics
This course covers fundamentals in visualization and computer graphics. The goal is to understand the following concepts:
- Linear transformations and homogeneous coordinates
- Spatial data structures and grids
- Interpolation in 2D and 3D grids
- Modeling meshes
- Shading and color including color models and perception
- Rendering: rasterization (projection, clipping, visibility)
- Rendering: raytracing
- Raycasting a volume
- All-purpose visualization methods and their best practices
The course includes both theory and practical aspects. A number of tutorials will deepen the understanding of the course content using theoretical and practical assignments.
We have an addon to this course that provides a bit more content in image and video processing. It awards an additional 1.5hp and is graded A-F. See DD2258.
It is the basis for many other visualization and graphics related courses at KTH: