Advanced Graphics and Interaction
Follow us on the schedule and Visualization Studio VIC.
Welcome to Advanced Computer Graphics and Interaction!
AGI will be a project-based course. We will hold the class in the Visualization Studio, where we will be motivated to create and publicly present some very impressive projects combining state-of-the art hardware, graphics, and interaction techniques.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Collaborate to build original and stable projects that combine methods in advanced computer graphics and advanced human-computer interaction;
- Communicate the theory and practice of these methods at a technical and a practical level;
- Provide informed constructive criticism to the development of the projects from other teams;
- Demonstrate the projects at large public venues to open audiences.
|Classroom||VIC - Visualization-Interaction-Collaboration Studio at KTH, Lindstedtsvägen 5, Level 4, room 4451. VIC - MAP|
|Office||Lindstedtsvägen 5 - 4417|
|Of. Hrs||I will meet individually with students upon appointment.|
|Reading Material||As an advanced course, the reading material will be mostly scientific papers in graphics and interaction. We will determine the material partly based on the projects.|
The grades will be A, B, C, D, E, FX, F.
Fx will be given only in especial cases.In order to pass each project, students must: 1) submit it on time; 2) submit quality material; 3) follow the rules of conduct in the honor code. I will provide more detailed metrics for grading at due time.
There will be two group projects. Each project will have different group members. Each project will have:
Each proposal will consist of:
Each demo will consist of:
|3. Public Presentations||There will not be written examinations. Students will present their projects at three different venues: 1. ForskarFredag; 2. Tekniska; 3. Open House at VIC - KTH. We will examine the presentations based on each individual's ability to convey the content, including advanced graphics and interaction techniques, of all the projects, not just his/her own.|
The deliverable consists of:
|Assignments||We will have a number of assignments including reading papers, commenting on group projects, and preparing for the public presentations.|
|Tardiness||While I do not encourage tardiness in submission of projects or examinations, I understand unexpected events occur. Students will communicate with me in case they need extensions. Also, given the nature of the public presentations, it is impossible to extend those deadlines.|
Latest from your news feed
- HT 2019 agi20 Event "Examination, 13 December 2019 15:00" created by Scheduling staff 12 June at 05:03
- HT 2019 agi20 Event "Föreläsning, 10 December 2019 13:00" created by Scheduling staff 12 June at 05:03
- HT 2019 agi20 Event "Föreläsning, 2 December 2019 13:00" created by Scheduling staff 12 June at 05:03
- HT 2019 agi20 Event "Föreläsning, 29 November 2019 10:00" created by Scheduling staff 12 June at 05:03
- HT 2019 agi20 Event "Föreläsning, 22 November 2019 08:00" created by Scheduling staff 12 June at 05:03