The KTH Library is open to the public, but certain services and collections are only available to KTH students and staff. By activating your library account, you enter into a formal agreement with KTH Library.
Residents of Sweden who have turned 16 years of age are eligible to apply for a KTH library account. Non-resident researchers and students are also eligible to apply for a KTH Library account.
The library account is personal and not transferable to anyone else. In the event of a card being lost or stolen, please notify the library as soon as possible.
- You are personally responsible for your loans until these are registered as returned.
- Loans made on behalf of others require written authorization.
- It's your responsibility to keep track of due dates.
- The library is sending out reminders as a service. It is your responsibility to make sure that the library has a valid e-mail account registered.
- Loans should be returned immediately on the due date. Borrowed material must be kept available for immediate return if recalled. Keep this in mind if you are planning to travel.
- An overdue fee is charged for books that are not returned by the due date. If your overdue fees are too excessive, your account will be inhibited. You are liable to pay for damages of the material. All repairs to damaged material are to be carried out by KTH Library. Se the price-list for orders, overdue books and repairs at KTH Library
- If material has not been returned by 17 days after due date, your account will be inhibited and issued with an invoice. The invoice covers the cost of the replacement material itself plus any extra cost incurred by the library in procuring the replacement material. We also accept replacement copies
Processing of personal data
- The KTH Library processes your personal data in order for you to borrow and request books and other library material.
Information regarding a person's loans or reservations is confidential.
- If you are a member of KTH as a student or staff, your personal data will be retrieved from KTH's central register. If you finish your employment or studies, your data will automatically be removed from the library system after a while.
- If you are a member of the public, you enter your own data when applying for a library account. If you need to change any information or want to be removed as a borrower, please contact the KTH Library. If you stop using the KTH Library, your data will be automatically removed from the library system after a while.