Schools’ research areas
KTH is Sweden's largest technical research institution, and has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities. The research is divided in five schools, each responsible for a specific research area.
KTH’s five schools gather researchers and faculty from around the world. The research spanns a wide range of disciplines, including engineering, natural sciences, architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. They are:
- School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Industrial Engineering and Management
- School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
- School of Engineering Science