The schools’ research areas
KTH is Sweden's largest technical research institution and has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities. The research activities are divided in five schools, each responsible for a specific research area.
KTH’s five schools gather researchers and faculty from around the world whose work encompasses a wide range of disciplines, including engineering, natural sciences, architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. The wide spectrum of research demands variation in focus, approach and formation.
The five schools are:
- The School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- The School of Industrial Engineering and Management
- The School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
- The School of Engineering Science