Literature on Education for Sustainable Development
Listed below are some examples of literature related to Education for Sustainable Development. The list should only be seen as an example and not intending to be comprehensive.
Hanning, A., Priem Abelsson, A., Lundqvist, U., Svanström, M. (2012) "Are we educating engineers for sustainability?: Comparison between obtained competences and Swedish Industries needs", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 13(3) pp. 305-320.
Holmberg, J., Lundqvist, U., Svanström, M., Arehag, M. (2012) "The university and transformation toward sustainability: The strategy used at Chalmers University of Technology", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 13(3) pp. 279-292.
Svanström, M., Palme, U., Knutson Wedel, M., Carlson, O., Nyström, T., Edén, M. (2012) "Embedding of ESD in engineering education: Experiences from Chalmers University of Technology", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 13(3) pp. 219-231.
Rusinko, C. A. (2010) "Integrating sustainability in higher education: a generic matrix", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 11(3) pp. 250-259.
Segala, J., Ferrer-Balas, D., Mulder, K. F. (2010) "What do engineering students learn in sustainability courses? The effect of the pedagogical approach", Journal of Cleaner Production 18, pp. 275–284.
Knutson Wedel, M., Malmqvist, J., Arehag, M., Svanström, M. (2008). "Implementing engineering education for environmental sustainability info CDIO programs." Proceedings of the 4th International CDIO Conference, Hogeschool Gent, Gent, Belgium, June 16-19, 2008.
Svanström, M., Lozano-García, F.J., Rowe, D. (2008) "Learning outcomes for sustainable development in higher education", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 9(3) pp. 339-351.
EESD15 - The 7th conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development, 9-12 June 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
- Olga Kordas, Kateryna Pereverza, Oleksii Pasichnyi & Eugene Nikiforovich: Developing skills for sustainability change agents with a participatory backcasting teaching toolbox.
- Fredrik Gröndahl & Daniel Franzen: A practical approach to integrating research and education: a course experiment from KTH, Sweden.
- Jon-Erik Dahlin, Richard Fenner & Heather Cruickshank: Critical evaluation of simulations and games as tools for expanding student perspectives on sustainability
EESD13 - The 6th conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development, EESD13, 22-25 September 2013, Cambridge, UK.
- Karin Edvardsson Björnberg & IngaBritt Skogh: Integrating social sustainability into the engineering curriculum at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH): A pilot study.
- Jon-Erik Dahlin, Patrik Larsson & Catharina Erlich: The use of board games in the engineering education for the purpose of stimulating peer participation in lecture theatre discussions.
- Göran Finnveden & Emma Strömberg: Developing sustainability learning outcomes for engineering.
- Olga Kordas, Karel Mulder, Eugene Nikiforovich, Jordi Segalàs, Alexis Pasichny & Kateryna Pereverza: Advancing ESD in Ukraine: From awareness to orientation towards long-term thinking and societal needs.
- Daniel Pargman & Elina Eriksson: “It's not fair!” - making students engage in sustainability.
- Josefin Wangel, Mattias Höjer, Daniel Pargman & Örjan Svane: Engineers of the future: using scenarios methods in sustainable development education.
International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education (IJSHE) The journal is published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited in conjunction with University Leaders for a Sustainable Future. Editor: Professor Walter Leal, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences.
Journal of Education for Sustainable Development (JESD) is a forum for academics and practitioners to share and critique innovations in thinking and practice in the emerging field of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). A peer-reviewed international journal, JESD aims at global readership and is published twice a year.