KTH's University Board
The University Board is KTH's highest decision making unit with responsibility for important issues concerning most of KTH's activities. The University Board consists of the chair, vice chair, president and 12 other members. The University Board meets five times a year to discuss and make decisions on important issues.
The University Board makes decisions in strict accordance with the Swedish Higher Education Ordinance (Högskoleförordningen) on issues such as:
- Important matters concerning the internal organisation.
- Annual Report, budget issues, other reports and statements of major importance.
- Measures taken on account of facts and reports presented to the Board by the National Audit Bureau.
- Rules and regulations of major importance.
The University Board also decides on other matters of a principal nature such as:
- Overall changes in the range of programmes offered.
- Major organisational changes.
- Overall dimensioning of programmes at first and second cycle level.
- Planning conditions.