Application for exchange students
- April 15 for studies/project work starting in August or later in the autumn.
- October 15 for studies/project work starting in January or later in the spring.
Please make sure that your complete application including all required documents uploaded, has reached KTH by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (on-line) according to the steps below. The form also includes application for Swedish language courses at KTH and accommodation.
Application, step by step
- Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
- Complete the first step of the online application form (see link below) and submit it
- You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with your application
- Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a recent photo
- a copy of valid passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated
- a verified* transcript of academic records, i.e. list of courses completed at your home university
- a complete, signed* and approved learning agreement listing your selected courses
- a signed* Nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH.
* i.e. signed by home university contact person.
Please not that NO documents/paper copies are to be sent to KTH any longer, only uploaded into the application system!
The application for the academic year of 2015/2016 will open in the middle of March. Please visit us then!
Please note that your application will only be assessed once all documents are uploaded in the system before the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact. Each school at KTH has an International Coordinator for exchange students that is the primary contact person for any academic or study-related matters during your studies at KTH. You can .
Letter of acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after deadline. If admitted, you will receive a "Letter of Acceptance". This is the formal decision about studies at KTH and is, for non-European citizens, used to apply for ain Sweden. It is important that you bring your letter of acceptance when going to Sweden, and you should apply for the residence permit as soon as possible, as the process may take up to three months.