Application for exchange students
- April 15 for studies or degree project starting in August or later in the autumn.
- October 15 for studies or degree project starting in January or later in the spring.
The application will open again in mid-March for applications for studies or project work starting in September, 2016.
Please make sure that your complete application including all required documents uploaded, has reached KTH by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (on-line) according to the steps below. The form also includes application for Swedish language courses at KTH and accommodation.
Application, step by step
- Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
- Complete the first step of the online application form (see link below) and submit it
- You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with your application
- Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a recent photo
- a copy of valid passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated
- a verified* transcript of academic records, i.e. list of courses completed at your home university
- a complete, signed* and approved learning agreement listing your selected courses
- a signed* Nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH.
* i.e. signed by home university contact person.
Your application will only be assessed if all documents are uploaded in the system before the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please not that no printed documents are to be sent by post to KTH.
In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact. Each school at KTH has an international coordinator for exchange students who is the primary contact person for any academic or study-related matters during your studies at KTH. You can .
Letter of acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after the application deadline. If admitted, you will receive a "Letter of Acceptance", which is the formal decision about exchange studies at KTH. For non-European citizens this is needed when applying for a, which you must do immediately. The process may take up to three months.