Application for exchange students
All students that have been nominated by their home university for exchange studies at KTH should complete the online application for exchange studies. There are two deadlines for applicants related to their study start. Make sure that your complete application with all required documents uploaded, has reached KTH by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (on-line) according to the steps below. The form also includes application for Swedish language courses at KTH and accommodation.
Application, step by step
- Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
- Complete the first step of the online application (published below when application is open) and submit it
- You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with your application
- Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a recent photo
- a copy of valid passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated
- a verified* transcript of academic records, i.e. list of courses completed at your home university
- a complete, signed* and approved learning agreement listing your selected courses
- a signed* Nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH.
* i.e. signed by home university contact person.
Your application will only be assessed if all documents are uploaded in the system before the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that no printed documents are to be sent by post to KTH. In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact.
Letter of acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after the application deadline. If admitted, you will receive a Letter of acceptance, which is the formal decision about exchange studies at KTH. For non-European citizens this is needed when applying for a, which you must do immediately. The process may take up to three months.