Exchange studies at KTH

KTH is a popular university for international students. Nearly 100 nationalities make up our vibrant student community. During 2013, KTH received 1058 exchange students and a large number of international master's students.

Application deadline

The application deadline for studies or project work starting in August or later in the autumn is April 15. The application will open in the middle of March.

Find out what exchange students at KTH have to say about their experience.


Check out the new handbook for admitted exchange students 2014/15!

Who can become an exchange student?

In order to become an exchange student at KTH, you have to be enrolled at a partner university, i.e. one with which KTH has an exchange agreement. You must also have completed at least two years of the educational programme at your home university, with grades above average.

More about the application process


Exchange students normally take courses relevant to their degree programme at the home university, but can also request to perform a final degree project/Master's thesis at KTH.

A student who wants to carry out a project must contact a relevant research group or professor directly and make the arrangements with them. Students cannot be guaranteed to be accepted for a project. If you are accepted by the research group/professor, you should contact your International coordinator at KTH.

More about courses for exchange students

Other possibilities

Students with a BSc degree or equivalent may apply for our Master's programmes taught in English.

Master's programmes at KTH

KTH incorporates a certain flexibility and freedom of choice, allowing the students to focus upon the learning itself and not simply aim to pass the exams. This was highly refreshing. Also, the beautiful main campus and the overall atmosphere of KTH was great. 

Student from the University of New South Wales, Australia
KTH is a very good university and I am proud to study here and earn knowledge on a very high level. Swedes are open-minded and very helpful, which gives a new person the feeling of not being let alone. Tack!

Student from TU Dresden, Germany

Your web browser can not show this movie

Your browser has javascript disabled.

You can not se movies inside the editor

To see the movie, use the page preview.

Did you find this page useful?
Thank you for helping us!
studentAmbassadors studentAmbassadors studentAmbassadors studentAmbassadors studentAmbassadors
Top page top