How to apply for exchange studies
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH you also need to complete an online application. Make sure that you complete your application before the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the online application according to the steps below. You can mark your interest in getting assistance in finding accommodation or in getting compensatory support.
1. Select courses
Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application.
2. Complete the first part of the online application
In the first step you fill out personal and study information. The link to the application system will be published on this page when the application is open.
3. Complete the second part of the online application
After you have completed the first part of the application, you will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with the second part of your application. Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a clear recent passport-size photo in JPEG.
- a scanned copy in PDF of personal page in passport/national ID card/identity card with citizenship indicated. For EU/EEA citizens, national ID card is also accepted if it clearly states citizenship and the card's expiration date. The documents should be valid for at least 6 months from the commencement of your studies at KTH. If you have difficulties getting a new passport before the application deadline, please upload a copy of your current passport.
- a verified copy of your transcript of records in English, in PDF, that is a list of completed courses at university level, from both bachelor’s (for example bachelor’s certificate, classes préparatoire or similar) and master’s level.
- a list of courses you are currently pursuing and plan to complete before starting your studies at KTH.
- a complete, signed and approved Learning Agreement (LA) listing your selected courses.
- a signed nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH.
4. Your application is completed
Once you have submitted your documents, the application is completed. You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after the application deadline. If admitted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance, which is the formal decision about exchange studies at KTH. For non-European citizens this is needed when applying for a residence permit for studies , which you are advised to do immediately, since the process may take up to three months.
Your application will only be assessed if all documents are uploaded into the online system before the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that no printed documents are to be sent by post to KTH.
If you previously did apply for exchange studies at KTH, but the studies got cancelled, you may get an error message, saying multiple stays are not possible. Please contact the international coordinator at the KTH school you did apply to before, and they will help you to submit a new application.
In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a DD or DM student and will apply for a Master of Science degree from KTH, you will later be asked to submit:
- your official bachelor's degree certificate/diploma,
- and your final transcript (including all grades from all courses during all study years).
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Before you apply, please read the regulation concerning personal data.
KTH strives to provide equal opportunities to all students. Exchange students who have a documented, permanent disability are welcome to apply for compensatory support at KTH.