How to apply
Students who have been nominated by their home university for exchange studies at KTH should complete the online application for exchange studies. There are two deadlines for applicants related to their study start, please see below. Make sure that your complete application, including all required documents uploaded, has been done in the KTH online system by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR
Please read this text (pdf 91 kB) about the regulation concerning personal data before you apply.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (online) according to the steps below. The form also includes the possibility to mark your interest for Swedish intensive language course in August, interest in getting assistance in finding accommodation and also getting compensatory support.
Application, step by step
- Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
- Complete the first step of the online application (published below when the application is open) and then push "send the application"
- You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with the second part of your application
- Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a clear recent passport-size photo in JPEG
- a scanned copy of personal page in passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated. For EU/EEA citizens national ID card is also accepted if it clearly states citizenship and the card's expiration date, to be provided in a PDF-format. Both kind of documents, in PDF-format, should be valid for at least 6 months from the commencement of your studies at KTH. Please note: If you have difficulties getting a new passport before the application deadline, please upload a copy of the passport which is available to you right now.
- a verified copy of your transcript of records in English in PDF-format, i. e. list of completed courses at the university level, from both the bachelor’s (e.g. bachelor’s certificate, classes préparatoire or similar) and master’s level (please see * below)
- a list of courses you are currently pursuing and plan to complete before starting your studies at KTH
- a complete, signed and approved Learning Agreement listing your selected courses (please see * below)
- a signed* Nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH (please see * below)
*if an original signature is not possible to get on these documents, please have the responsible person at your home university either copy or scan a signature into the documents. There is no need to have the documents stamped! The Learning Agreement could alternatively be sent to you by email to confirm your course choices. This email is to be uploaded together with the LA as ONE document (in Pdf format). Alternatively, the same course choice confirmation could be emailed to the KTH School international coordinator.
5. Once you have submitted your documents, the application is completed. Then after some time, the receiving department will check your application and get back to you.
The application for exchange studies at KTH during the academic year 2021/2022 and the autumn 2021 will open by March 15, 2021 and stay open until 5 pm/17.00 (Swedish time) April 15, 2021. Applications for the spring semester of 2022 are to be submitted during the autumn 2021.
Your application will only be assessed if all documents are uploaded into the online system before the application deadline, which is April 15 at 5 PM/17.00 (Swedish time). Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that no printed documents are to be sent by post to KTH. In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you previously did apply for exchange studies at KTH, but the studies got cancelled, you may meet this message when applying again: Message from application system (PNG 7 kB) Please contact the International coordinator at the KTH school you did apply to before, and soon you will be able to submit a new application.
KTH strives to provide equal opportunities to all students. Exchange students who have a documented, permanent disability are welcome to apply for compensatory support at KTH. Please, find out more on FUNKA's webpage.
Letter of Acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after the application deadline. If admitted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance, which is the formal decision about exchange studies at KTH. For non-European citizens this is needed when applying for a residence permit for studies , which you are advised to do immediately, since the process may take up to three months.