How to apply
Students who have been nominated by their home university for exchange studies at KTH should complete the online application for exchange studies. There are two deadlines for applicants related to their study start, please see below. Make sure that your complete application, including all required documents uploaded, has been done in the KTH online system by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (on-line) according to the steps below. The form also includes application for Swedish language courses at KTH and accommodation.
Application, step by step
- Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
- Complete the first step of the online application (published below when application is open) and submit it
- You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with your application
- Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application system:
- a clear recent passport-size photo in JPEG
- a scanned copy of personal page in passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated, valid for at least 6 months from the commencement of your studies at KTH, in PDF-format. For EU/EEA citizens national ID card is also accepted if it clearly states citizenship and the card's expiration date, to be provided in a PDF-format.
- a verified copy* of your transcript of records in English in PDF-format, i. e. list of completed courses at the university level, from both the bachelor’s (e.g. bachelor’s certificate, classes préparatoire or similar) and master’s level.
- a list of courses you are currently pursuing and plan to complete before starting your studies at KTH
- a complete, signed* and approved Learning Agreement listing your selected courses
- a signed* Nomination form, approving your exchange studies at KTH
* i.e. signed and stamped by responsible person at your home university
The application for exchange studies at KTH in spring 2018 is now closed but will open again in mid-March for applications to the academic year 2018/19.
Your application will only be assessed if all documents are uploaded in the system before the application deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that no printed documents are to be sent by post to KTH. In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact.
Letter of Acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after the application deadline. If admitted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance, which is the formal decision about exchange studies at KTH. For non-European citizens this is needed when applying for a, which you must do immediately. The process may take up to three months.