The application period for KTH master’s programmes is between 16 October 2018 and 15 January 2019. The applications are made through University Admissions, an online application portal for all Swedish universities.
Application process for KTH master’s programmes
The academic year at KTH is divided into two semesters of 20 weeks, with the autumn semester beginning at the end of August and the spring semester beginning in January. All master’s programmes start in the autumn semester.
1. Choose programme(s) Find your programme(s) and verify that you meet the general and programme specific admission requirements. These can be found under ‘Entry requirements’ on each programme page.
2. Submit your online application, deadline 15 January Create an account, select programme(s) and submit your application via University Admissions. Follow the "Apply now" link on the programme page or find all programmes published on University Admissions. You can apply to four programmes and these should be ranked in your order of priority.
3. Submit your required documents, deadline 1 February Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not submit all the required documentation. The general and programme specific documents are listed under 'Entry requirements' on each programme page. Please note:
Most applicants can upload all documents on universityadmissions.se.
The documentation requirements and academic qualifications may differ between countries.
No documents should be sent to KTH unless you are instructed to do so.
The authenticity of your documents may be verified with the issuing institution. Applications made with fraudulent documents will be rejected and legal action may be taken.
4. Pay the application fee or document your citizenship, deadline 1 February
For non-EU/EEA citizens, an application fee (SEK 900) is required. EU/EEA and Swiss citizens are not required to pay the application fee, but should prove their citizenship status, for instance with a passport copy.
5. Check the selection results on 4 April The notification of selection results will be published on University Admissions on 4 April. You do not need to reply to your offer. If you are admitted, KTH will provide further information about how to prepare for your studies.