Farazee Mohammad Abdullah Asif
Farazee Asif holds a PhD degree and started his career in the Department of Production Engineering as M.Sc. thesis student in 2005. He joined the department as a faculty member in 2006 and since then he has been involved in both research and education. His research falls in the area of Circular Economy in broader sense but deals mainly with modelling and simulation of complex systems relevant to circular manufacturing systems aimed for resource conservation. He is also involved in educational activities and currently holding the position of coordinator of the international M.Sc. programme in Production Engineering and Management. He teaches quality management to graduate students and responsible for the course Quality Control.
- 2017- Technology Doctorate in Production Engineering, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. Specialization: Circular Economy
- 2011- Technology Licentiate in Production Engineering,KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. Specialization: Circular Economy
- 2006 - M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Högskolan Dalarna, Sweden. Specialization: Product Design and Production Development
- 2009-2010- Pedagogical education, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. Specialization: Engineering Education
- 2002- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Islamic University of Technology, Bangladesh.
- Nordic Innovation CATALY(C)ST-Youth Change Makers as Catalysts for a Transition to a Sustainable Circular Economy (ongoing)
- Produktion2030 CEPort - Material Passport: A digital platform for manufacturing industry to implement Circular Production Systems (December 2019)
- VINNOVA CIS Sotenäs- Implementing IoT in Creating a Circular Industrial Symbiosis Network- A case of Sotenäs Municipality (ongoing)
- H2020 ReCiPSS- Resource-efficient Circular Product-Service Systems (ongoing)
- Produktion2030 CiNergy-Circular Manufacturing in Energy Industry (May 2017)
- EUREKA Eurostars SerBIT-Integrated IT-platform to support OEMs in implementing Service Based Business Model (September 2019)
- ResCoM- Resource Conservative Manufacturing- transforming waste into high value resource through closed-loop product systems (November 2017)
- Vinnova Forska & Väx - Innovative small and Medium size Industry- Intergrade IT platform for Service Based Business Model/ Integrerad IT-plattform för servicebaserade affärsmodeller för SMEs inom - (February 2016)
- Vinnova FFI- Environmentally adapted metal manufacturing processes; chemicals, energy and waste material recycling/Enviroman, Miljö- och kretsloppsanpassade tillverkningsprocesser för metalliska material – (October 2015)
- Swedish institute - SI Lifecycle Management and Sustainability in the Baltic Region( December 2013)
- Vinnova FFI-Environment friendly factory /Miljövänliga energi effektiva fabriker-( May 2012)
- KTH-sustainability funded multidisciplinary collaborative project- (2014)
- Tempus- Middle eastern partnership in sustainable engineering (October 2014)
KTH’s internal project
- Education Assessment Exercise (EAE)- Participated in the project to evaluate quality of the master’s programme offered at KTH ( 2011)
Department’s internal project
- Designed number of E-learning courses and developed E-course platform, (2006-2007)
- Kokare, S., Asif, F.M.A., Mårtensson, G. et al. A comparative life cycle assessment of stretchable and rigid electronics: a case study of cardiac monitoring devices. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-021-03388-x
- Asif, Farazee M. A., Malvina Roci, Michael Lieder, Amir Rashid, Ales Mihelic, and Mr Simon Kotnik. "A methodological approach to design products for multiple lifecycles in the context of Circular Manufacturing Systems." Journal of Cleaner Production (2021): 126534.
- Shoaib-ul-Hasan, S.; Roci, M.; Asif, F.M.A.; Salehi, N.; Rashid, A. Analyzing Temporal Variability in Inventory Data for Life Cycle Assessment: Implications in the Context of Circular Economy. Sustainability, 2021, 13, 344.
- Rashid, A; Roci, M.; Asif, Farazee M. A. (2020). Circular Manufacturing Systems, chapter in the Circular Economy Handbook, Edward Elgar Publishing, UK.
- Amir, S.; Asif, Farazee M. A., Roci, M. (2020). Towards Circular Economy: enhanced decision making in circular manufacturing systems, chapter in the Sustainable Consumption and Production: Circular Economy and Beyond, Palgrave Macmillan, UK.
- Lieder, M.; Asif, Farazee M.A.; Rashid, A. (2020). A choice behavior experiment with circular business models using machine learning and simulation modeling (Accepted for publication in Journal of Cleaner Production)
- Asif, Farazee M.A. et al (2018). A practical ICT framework for transition to circular manufacturing systems, 51st CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Lieder, M.; Asif, Farazee M.A.; Rashid, A.; Mihelič, A. & Kotnik, S. (2018). A conjoint analysis of circular economy value propositions for consumers: Using “washing machines in Stockholm” as a case study. Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 264-273.
- Lieder, M.; Asif, Farazee M.A.; Rashid, A., Mihelič, A. & Kotnik, S. (2017). Towards circular economy implementation in manufacturing systems using a multi-method simulation approach to link design and business strategy, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (online)
- Lieder, M.; Asif, Farazee M. A.& Amir Rashid (2017). Towards Circular Economy Implementation: An agent-based simulation approach for business model changes, Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. DOI: 10.1007/s10458-017-9365-9
- Michael Lieder, Ruud de Bruijckere, Farazee Asif, Mattias Löfstrand, Amir Rashid (2016). An IT-platform prototype as enabler for service-based business models in manufacturing industry, Proceedings of The 7th International Swedish Production Symposium 2016, Lund, Sweden.
- Asif, Farazee M. A.; Lieder, Michael & Rashid, Amir (2016). Multi-method simulation based tool to evaluate economic and environmental performance of circular product systems, Journal of Cleaner Production, 139, 1261-1281.
- Farazee M.A. Asif, Amir Rashid, Carmine Bianchi, Cornel M. Nicolescu, System dynamics models for decision making in product multiple lifecycles, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Volume 101, August 2015, Pages 20-33
- Xu, Z.; Asif, Farazee M. A.; Löfstrand, M; Rashid, A. & Tymoshenko, S. (2014), Information Requirements and Management for Service Based Business Models, Proceedings of The 6th International Swedish Production Symposium 2014, paper no. 63, 16-18 September 2014, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Rashid, A., Asif, Farazee M. A., Krajnik, P. & Nicolescu, Cornel M. (2013). Resource Conservative Manufacturing: An essential change in business and technology paradigm for sustainable manufacturing." Journal of Cleaner Production, 57, 166–177.
- Asif, Farazee M. A., Bianchi C., Rashid, A. & Nicolescu, Cornel M. (2012). Performance Analysis of the Closed Loop Supply Chain, Journal of Remanufacturing, 2:4 (6 November 2012)
- Adane, Tigist F., Nafisi, M., Asif, Farazee M.A., Semere, Daniel T., Nicolescu, Cornel M. (2012). System Dynamics Analysis of Energy Usage: Case Studies in Automotive Manufacturing. Proceeding of the 5th International Swedish Production Symposium, 6th – 8th of November 2012, Linköping, Sweden
- Rashid, A., Asif, Farazee M. A., Krajnik, P. & Nicolescu, Cornel M. (2012). Multiple Life Cycles Product Systems: Redefining the Manufacturing Paradigm for Resource Efficient Production and Consumption, CIRP 10th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, 31st October- 2nd November, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Asif, Farazee M. A. (2011). Resource Conservative Manufacturing: a new generation of manufacturing, Licentiate thesis in Production Engineering, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, September 2011, 978-91-7501-112-7
- Asif, Farazee M. A. & Nicolescu, C. M., (2010). Minimizing Uncertainty Involved in Designing the Closed-loop Supply Network for Multiple-lifecycle of Products, Proceeding of the 21st DAAAM World Symposium, October 2010, University of Zadar, Zadar, Croatia (the paper has been accepted by the review committee)
- Asif, Farazee M. A.; Semere, D. T.; Nicolescu, C. M. & Haumann, M., (2010). Methods Analysis of Remanufacturing Options for Repeated Lifecycle of Starters and Alternators. The Proceeding of the 7th International DAAAM Baltic Conference ,"Industrial Engineering”, Kyttner, B (Ed)., pp 340-345, ISBN-978-9985-59-982-2, 22-25 April2010, Tallinn, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Asif, Farazee M. A.; Semere, D. T.& Nicolescu, C. M. (2009).A Novel Concept for the End-of-life Vehicle (ELV).The Proceeding of the International 3rd Swedish Production Symposium, Rosen, B. G., pp 325-331, ISBN: 978-91 633-6006-0, 2-3 December 2009, Göteborg, Sweden
- Asif, Farazee M. A., (2004). Methods of Concept generation for Product Development. The proceedings from the 2nd seminar on Development of Modular Products, Erixon, G. & Kenger, P., pp 73-78, 13-14 December, 2004, Campus Framtidsdalen, Dalarna University, Sweden
- Doctoral thesis- Circular Manufacturing Systems: A development framework with analysis methods and tools for implementation
- Licentiate thesis- Resource Conservative Manufacturing: A New Generation of Manufacturing
- M.Sc. thesis- Reliability analysis of Manufacturing Systems, Implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) in small sized industry