ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DOCENT
Mariana Dalarsson (MSc 2010, PhD 2016, Docent 2019) is a researcher and teacher in Electromagnetic Theory at the Division of Electromagnetic Engineering (EME) at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (EECS). She received the Honorary Grant ("Honnörsstipendiet") given to the best graduate of the year of her programme, in 2011. She is also the (shared) second youngest woman ever to get a PhD degree from KTH.
Mariana's research interests include electromagnetic scattering and absorption, inverse problems, electromagnetics of stratified media, double-negative metamaterials, mathematical physics, etc. She is the author of about 70 peer-reviewed publications, including 40 journal papers. Currently, she is mainly doing research within her own project grant "Waveguide theory for artificial materials and plasmonics" awarded by the Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet).
Last but not least, Mariana is a teacher in the following courses on BSc, MSc and PhD level:
- EI1222 Electromagnetic theory, continuation course, course responsible and examiner (given to CELTE students)
- EI2405 Classical Electrodynamics, course responsible and examiner, given to TEFRM students)
- FEI3304 Integral Equation Methods in Electromagnetics, course responsible and examiner (given to PhD students in Electrical Engineering)
- Co-teacher in EI2433 Electrotechnical Modeling, EI2440 Electrotechnical Design, EI2510 Project in Electromagnetic Engineering , and mentor in EH1110 Global Impact of Electrical Engineering.
- Regular supervisor and examiner of several BSc/MSc theses per year
In 2015, she was awarded the "Teaching Assistant of the Year" pedagogical prize from the Engineering Physics students.
Classical Electrodynamics (EI2405), examiner, course responsible, teacher, assistant | Course web
Degree Project in Electrical Engineering, specialising in Electromagnetics, Fusion and Space Engineering, Second Cycle (EA275X), examiner | Course web
Electromagnetic Theory, Continuation Course (EI1222), examiner, course responsible, assistant | Course web
Electrotechnical Design (EI2440), assistant, teacher | Course web
Electrotechnical Modelling (EI2433), course responsible | Course web
Integral Equations in Electromagnetics (FEI3304), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Project in Electromagnetic Engineering (EI2510), teacher | Course web