President and management
The president is head of authority and has the overall responsibility for KTH's activities under the University Board. The president is appointed by the Government for a maximum of six years following a proposal from KTH's University Board. The deputy president is appointed by KTH's University Board and is the president's deputy.
President and deputy president
Responsible for the University Administration (UA)
Deputy University Director
- Head of Management Office
- Head of KTH's work for Ukraine
Annika Borgenstam, Vice President with responsibility for Research:
- External research financing
- Research centres
- Interdisciplinary platforms
- Deputy of the Deputy President.
Leif Kari, Vice President with responsibility for Education:
- Engineering, architecture and teacher training
- Foundation level, first, second and third cycle
- Lifelong learning.
Jan Gulliksen, Vice President responsible for Digitalization:
- Investigate KTH's position regarding digitalization of education, research, and collaboration as well as carry out competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Make recommendations regarding digitalization for positioning KTH
- Develop a strategy for digitalization at KTH.
Per Lundqvist, Vice President responsible for Sustainable Development:
- Chair of KTH Sustainability
- Sustainability in education
- Sustainability in research.
Global relations and international cooperations
Stefan Östlund, Vice President for Global relations and overall international cooperations:
- International strategies
- Strategic partner universities
- International student recruitment.
Dean and Vice Dean of Faculty
Dean of Faculty
Responsible for quality in research and education:
• Chair of the Faculty Council
• Deputy Chair of the Board of Education.
Anna Finne Wistrand
Vice Dean of Faculty
Responsible for the quality of research and education:
- Deputy Chair of the Faculty Council
- Chair of the Appointment Board.
The KTH management group consists of the President, the Deputy President, all Heads of schools, the University Director, the Deputy University Director and the President of the THS student union. The management group manages matters concerning strategic management and governance of the University. The group is also advisory consultative to the President in matters concerning planning, follow-up and development of the University’s work and activities.
The KTH management group meets every Tuesday. Once a month, an extended management group is held, where in addition to the above members, the Vice Presidents, the Dean of Faculty and the Vice Dean of Faculty also participate. The President decides on the right of attendance for others in the management group.