How to apply
The next application period for KTH master's programmes is between 16 October 2020 and 15 January 2021. You apply through University Admissions, an online application portal for all Swedish universities. The number of places for each programme is limited, and admission is highly competitive. Some joint programmes have later application deadline.
The application process for KTH master's programmes
The academic year at KTH is divided into two semesters of 20 weeks, with the autumn semester beginning at the end of August and the spring semester beginning in January. All master's programmes start in the autumn semester. The application deadlines below are strict and in Central European Time (CET).
1. Choose your programmes
Find one or more programmes and verify that you meet the general and programme specific admission requirements for the programmes. These can be found under 'Entry requirements' on each programme page.
2. Submit your online application by 15 January
Create an account, select programmes and submit your application via University Admissions. Follow the "Apply now" link on the programme page or find all programmes published on University Admissions. You can apply to four programmes that you rank in your order of priority.
3. Submit your required documents by 1 February
Your application is incomplete if you do not submit all the required documentation. The general and programme specific documents are listed under 'Entry requirements' on each programme page. Please note:
- Most applicants can upload all documents on universityadmissions.se.
- The documentation requirements and academic qualifications may differ between countries.
- No documents should be sent to KTH unless we instruct you to do so.
- We may verify the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. Applications made with fraudulent documents will be rejected, and legal action may be taken.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
4. Pay the application fee or document your citizenship by 1 February
For non-EU/EEA citizens, there is an application fee of SEK 900. EU/EEA and Swiss citizens do not pay an application fee but should prove their citizenship status, for instance, with a passport copy.
5. Check the selection results on 9 April
The notification of selection results is published on University Admissions on 9 April. You do not need to reply to your offer. If you are admitted, KTH will provide further information about how to prepare for your studies.