Master's programme in Production Engineering and Management
The Master's programme in Production Engineering and Management is designed to provide production knowledge and skills with a holistic perspective.
After graduating from the programme, students will have:
- Basic understanding of various dimensions and functions of the broad field of production.
- Analytical skills needed to tackle the ever-changing problems and situations of modern competitive production.
- Conceptual and reasoning skills with appropriate decision support methods and tools used in production management.
- Communication and presentation skills necessary for leadership positions.
- Understanding of how environmental and cultural differences effect the production process.
- Understanding of the need and requirements for sustainable and energy efficient production processes.
Production Engineering and Management at KTH
This programme will provide a strong foundation on which a professional engineering career can be built, as both engineering and management aspects of production and their integration are covered. The engineering side includes operation and integration of manufacturing equipment, automation technology, production development tools and methods and software used by engineers. The managerial side covers systematic decision-making, operations strategy, planning, control and management of resources during development and operations of manufacturing systems.
The programme has four focus areas: Production Development, Production Management, Industrial IT Systems, and Industrial Joining. There is a set of mandatory courses for all students of the programme, and courses pertaining to each focus area. Moreover, students have the possibility to combine further elective courses on an individual basis.
As production is global, graduates from our programme will be able to find positions as technical specialists, production developers, production engineers, production managers or consultants in various production fields, all over the world.
Find out what students from the programme think about their time at KTH.
For questions regarding programme content and specific admission requirements, feel free to contact programme coordinators.
Programme coordinator: , Phone +46-8-790 6360
Changes in the programme may occur.