Course contents *
The course is carried out in project form, either individually or in groups of two technology students. The projects treat energy engineering problems that are commonly occurring in the society with a focus on sustainable solutions. The aim of the project is to integrate technology with requirements of sustainable social, economic and environmental development.
The teachers in the course, appropriate projects provide at the beginning of the course. The projects can be assignment from industry or from a research team, but the implementation takes place mainly at KTH. The teachers is also supervisor for the projects.
The work should be documented in the form of a written report. Normally, it is written in Swedish with an abstract in English. It is allowed to write the report in English.
Between- and final review include as compulsory parts. At the final review, the technology student should, apart from to alone present orally, also publicly discuss another project work. Further, written submissions of parts of the report are included during the course with contents as agreed with the supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes *
Apart from the of KTH's established aims for degree project for Bachelor's degree is kursspecifika aims according to the below.
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- formulate problems and apply methodology in sustainable energy engineering to search and evaluate solutions.
- apply knowledge and skills that have been acquired during the education on problem within the energy engineering.
- plan his own work so that given goals are reached.
- analyse the need of scientific information, carry out information retrieval and evaluate the received information.
- present work in a written technical report with requirements of contents, structure and language.
- refer to sources, figures, tables and formulae in an established way in a report.
- write a rapportsammanfattning in English with correct using the terminology of the subject.
- carry out oral presentations with requirements of tidshÃ¥llning and clarity in language performance and illustrations.
- review and comment on a technical work and be able to respond to criticism on ones own work
- design a model, make assumptions and evaluate its validity and reasonableness through sensitivity analysis