Courses for Chemical Engineering for Energy and Environment
The two-year master's programme in Chemical Engineering for Energy and Environment consists of three terms of courses and one final term dedicated to the master's degree project. Each term consist of approximately 30 ECTS credits. The courses presented on this page apply to studies starting in autumn 2022.
It is advisable to take at least two of the conditionally elective courses during study year. Observe that you cannot get a degree from the programme without at least two out of five conditionally elective courses. Recommended courses may be cancelled if number of admitted students are less than minimum of places, or will be given every second year.
Students from the Degree Programme in Energy and Environment (CENMI) have to study the course AL2181 Environmental System Analysis and Decision-making.
Conditionally elective courses
- Cleaner Production and Industrial Environmental Technology (AL2143) 7.5 credits
- Environmental Management (AL2160) 7.5 credits
- Nuclear Chemistry (CE2010) 7.5 credits
- Carbon dioxide neutral energy and transport system (CK2010) 7.5 credits
- Environmental Catalysis (KE2051) 7.5 credits
- Computational Project in Chemical Engineering (KE2060) 7.5 credits
- Applied Electrochemistry (KE2110) 7.5 credits
- Renewable Fuel Production Processes (KE2130) 7.5 credits
- Electrochemical Energy Devices (KE2300) 7.5 credits
- Sustainable Systems for Heat, Power and Materials Production (KE2310) 7.5 credits
- Risk Analysis and Management for Chemical Engineers (KE2351) 7.5 credits
- Resource recovery from waste (KE2355) 7.5 credits
- Ideation- Creating Your Own Company (ME2814) 7.5 credits
Recomended courses may be cancelled if number of admitted students are less than minimum of places, or will be given every second year.
Study year 2 consists of one mandatory course, more conditionally elective courses, recommended courses and a mandatory degree project, second level, 30 higher education credits.
See the list below;
Degree Project in Chemistry, Second Cycle - KD200X
Degree Project in Chemical Engineering, Second Cycle - KE200X
Degree Project in Fibre and Polymer Technology, Second Cycle - KF200X