Posting step by step
Please note that the process of posting (step 1-5) should be finished at the latest three weeks before defence.
1. Create a print-ready pdf of the thesis
Theses should follow the instructions regarding KTH's graphical profile . The thesis should also be part of a TRITA-series. Contact your department to find out what TRITA-series your thesis should be included in (and to get the TRITA-number.)
Your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis should be given an ISBN. Order the ISBN here.
2. Send the thesis file for printing to the printing office
The print office will deliver the thesis in electronic form (one pdf for electronic publishing and one pdf for electronic archiving). They will also deliver the thesis in print format.
There is no template for the cloak (comprehensive summary) but you may use this stylesheet.
3. Register your thesis in DiVA and upload the full-text:
- Log into DiVA
- Choose Add publication /Upload file. First, you search for the appended papers in DiVA, to see whether they are already in DiVA.
- Select the correct publication type. If you have written a compilation thesis you should first register the appended papers in DiVA, if they are not registered already.
- You shall also make individual entries for the appended papers that are manuscripts or pre-prints, that is, not yet published. Please note that these entries do not have to contain the fulltexts.
- Register all information about your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis.
- Register your KTH id in the field ”Local User Id”. You find your KTH-id when you log in to DiVA, hold the mouse pointer over your name (starts with "u").
- Choose your organisational affiliation in the field ”Department, unit or programme”. Enter correct department by searching for it in the meny for KTH-organisations. Choose the department where you are fulfilling your PhD-studies.
- Upload both files from the printing office. One of the files is adapted for the webb, choose ”publication now” for that file when you upload it. If you have written av compilation thesis then that file will be the ”kappa” (summary). If you have written a monography, then that file will be the full text of the thesis, identical with the printed version.
- The second file is the fulltext of the thesis in a version optimized for printing. Choose “only archiving” for that version.
4. Media Agreement
- Print out Media Agreement Media_agreement (pdf 347 kB) , sign it and send to the KTH Library (address found below).
- Scan and upload a copy of the Media Agreement in DiVA and choose only for archiving.
- Please note that your posting is not completed, that is, your thesis entry will not be published in DiVA, until the signed Media agreement has arrived to the library.
- Please note that the record that you have registered for your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis will not be available in DiVA until it has been reviewed and approved. This should be done three weeks before defence.
- Accept the publishing conditions in DiVA
- Make sure that the information you have entered is correct and select Submit.
5. Hand in a printed copy to the library
To the information desk at the library, the book drop outside the main library or by post.
Post address: KTH, KTH Biblioteket, 100 44 Stockholm.
Visiting address: KTH, Main Library, Osquars backe 31.