Posting step by step
Please note that the process of posting (step 1-5) should be finished at the latest three weeks before defence.
I. Create a print-ready pdf of the thesis
Theses should follow the instructions regarding KTH's graphical profile . The thesis should also be part of a TRITA-series. Contact your department to find out what TRITA-series your thesis should be included in (and to get the TRITA-number.)
Your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis should be given an ISBN. Order ISBN
II. Register your thesis in DiVA and upload the full-text:
- Log into DiVA
- Choose Add publication /Upload file
- Select the correct publication type. If you have written a compilation thesis you should first register the appended papers in DiVA, if they are not registered already.
- Register all information about your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis.
- Register your KTH id in the field ”Local User Id”. You find your KTH-id on your profile page (starts with "u").
- Choose your organisational affiliation in the field ”Department, unit or programme”.
- Upload a full-text file (pdf) of the thesis. If you have written a compilation thesis only the summary should be published. Please note that the record that you have registered for your doctoral thesis or licentiate thesis will not be available in DiVA until it has been reviewed and approved.This should be done three weeks before defence.
- Accept the publishing conditions in DiVA
- Make sure that the information you have entered is correct and select Submit.
- As soon as the record you have registered has been published by KTH Library it will be visible in DiVA.
- Sign the Media_agreement (pdf 347 kB) and hand it in to the library by post or at the information desk (scanned copy is not sufficient).
III. Send the files for printing to the printers
IV. Print the thesis
V. Deliver one copy of the printed thesis to the library
You can either hand it over at the information desk or send it by post.
Please contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com