Resource Centre for Online Education (RCN) at KTH
RCN is a clear entry both for students who want to study online courses and for institutions that want to offer online courses. The long-term goal of the centre is to create educational and administrative support from the students and employees’ needs, where courses can be given and meetings between teachers and students can take place.
RCN has the task of organising and supporting the implementation of online teaching as well as developing networking skills.
Courses via RCN
Courses offered via RCN are accessed via an independent website.
Development of online courses and online education
RCN can assist institutions in the development of new online courses and online education as a supplement to regular courses or to broaden the activities of institutions in a cost-effective manner. RCN is thus a clear entry for students who want to study online courses and institutions that want to offer online courses.
Network-based support in the implementation of courses
The centre provides coaching, follow-up, system support and marketing efforts for the following:
- MATH.SE (joint project between KTH and SU for sharing resources), collaboration with other colleges in the country.
- Sommarmatte.se from 2011 also the social event through facebook.com/sommarmatte is included as a way of introducing students to the preparatory courses in mathematics.
- Distance course at KTH’s various institutions.
- Campus courses, support via KTH Social to teachers and students, network-based coaching via level-divided structure.
- Bridging Course Collaboration with Imperial College and their outreach lab, organising and training of mentors.
- Collaboration with TU Berlin about the construction and implementation of the OMB Bridge Course within the TU9 consortium (the nine largest technical universities in Germany).
Support, collaborative tools and follow-up research environments in higher education
RCN is responsible for the IT infrastructure of www.kic-innoenergy.com , such as collaborative tools, distance-independent meetings, document management (sharing, online editing, repositories), activity management tools, monitoring and reporting.
Studies conducted at RCN
Olle Bälter at KTH has conducted a study on diagnostic tests as tools in online education. Please take a look at the article "Diagnostic Web-based Monitoring in CS1" (displayed as a PDF) .
For general questions
Phone: 08-790 60 60