The aim of this information is to give you a comprehensive understanding of the examination period from 2020-04-14 to 2020-08-22. The FAQ is regularly updated with new answers to frequently asked questions.
Due to COVID-19, the President has decided that all examinations during the period 2020-04-14 to 2020-08-22 will be conducted remotely. The decision applies to preparatory, first and second-cycle education.
Regulations for remote examination
As a result of the President’s decision the First and Second-cycle Education Committee has presented some recommendations. It is always the examiner that decides the examination format and is the one who should inform the students of this.
Sit-down examinations will be replaced with digital alternatives
- Primarily with a take-home examination without monitoring, that can be revised with an oral examination if necessary.
- Secondarily with a digital sit-down examination with monitoring.
- It is recommended that courses with a few number of participants replace the written sit-down examination with an oral examination.
Rules for examinations
- The examinees must receive written information from the examiner describing the exam prior to the examination.
- It is recommended that course coordinators/examiners arrange a practice session one week prior to the examination and together with the students go through the examination form.
- The examinees should be able to ask questions for clarification to the teacher during the examination.
- Given the work situation that currently prevails for KTH’s staff the President has decided that re-examination in order to raise grades (”plussning” in Swedish) will not be permitted: The President’s decision regarding “plussning” (in Swedish).
- Registration for written exam is mandatory.
Update Zoom before next examination
After 30 May 2020 Zoom will not function unless you have version 5.0 or later installed. So make sure that you have the latest version installed.
How do I sign in to Zoom?
Log in to the Zoom Room with yout KTH-acount via kth-se.zoom.us on your computer or in the Zoom-app, use the same name shown at your ID document (driver’s license, passport etc.) Instructions on how to sign in to Zoom with your KTH Id
Contact and FAQ
- KTH has gathered frequently asked questions and answers regarding remote examination. Please visit FAQ for students to see if your questions are answered.
- If you have queries regarding registration for the examination or general questions regarding the examination contact the exam administration at your school.
- If you have technical issues with Canvas, Zoom, or Möbius, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have compensatory support from Funka, please contact email@example.com .
- If you are in need of secrecy please contact the exam administration at your school or the course examiner.