Courses in Naval Architecture
The two-year master's programme in Naval Architecture consists of three terms of courses and one final term dedicated to the master's degree project. Each term consist of approximately 30 ECTS credits. Depending on which track you choose, you will study different courses. The courses presented on this page apply to studies starting in autumn 2022.
Mandatory courses + track-courses + conditionally elective courses ≥ 75 cr.
Students who are planning to study abroad the second year has to take AK2036 the first year. All other students should take this course in the autumn semester the second year.
Also the course MO1002 Oceanography, Introductory course, 7,5 cr, given by Stockholm University can be taken as elective by Swedish citizens.
Conditionally elective courses for all tracks
- Industrial Management, Basic Course (ME1003) 6.0 credits
- Internal Combustion Engines 1 (MF2047) 6.0 credits
- Introductory Welding Technology, General Course (MG1010) 6.0 credits
- Lightweight Structures and FEM (SD2411) 8.0 credits
- Advanced design of welded structures (SD2420) 6.0 credits
- Sailing for Performance (SD2706) 6.0 credits
- Turbulence (SG2218) 7.5 credits