Recent studies I have worked with have focused on analysis of knowledge intense organisations in academia and in public and private organisational settings. This includes studies of impact analysis of centres of excellence, user perspectives in strategic planning, university-industry relations, technical research institutes and narratives of sustainable urban futures and renewable energy.
My research and teaching interests also includes studies of:
- science policy and organisational studies of innovation and technology
- knowledge production in higher education institutions and technical research institutes
- sustainability and strategic planning, Urban sustainability (JPI Urban Europe)
I also coordinate the higher seminar series at the division of History of Science, Technology and Environment, see higher seminar schedule for autumn 2020.
Ongoing research includes the following projects:
- Project NATURE, for an introduction see, blog post Examining nature and society through urban infrastructure (NATURE) funded by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond (RJ). Project start 2019. This is a project where we also work with art institutions in the Stockholm area to create artistic representations of water-nature-city nexus. More information will come about a planned exibition for 2021 co-created by university and art institutions in Stockholm.
- Project Open water, about opportunities and expectations on artificial intelligence (AI), digital twins of water treatment plants and different stakeholder interests and competences. 2020-2022
- Project StARS, Strategic Action and Response Strategies in a Changing Swedish Higher Education Landscape. A project funded by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond (RJ). Outcome of the project includes a co-edited book entitled Technical universities - past, present and future (Springer 2020, open access), and a scientific paper on logics of Centres of Excellence, based on experiences from Sweden and Japan. See link to paper (2020): Managing the complexty of centres of excellence - accommodating diversity in institutional logics.
I have also previouly been affiliated with Center for History of Science, hosted by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA) working in the project: Science and Modernization in Sweden, An institutional approach to historicizing the knowledge society. Funded by Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg's Foundation, see website to blog Vetenskapshistoria.
Previous experience of research projects includes:
Institutes in the innovation system, funded by Vinnova. See website for introduction.
Project about research institutes and science policy funded by Vinnova - The Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems, 2007-2014.
Markets for applied research (NIFU-study funded by Norwegian research council), and a comparative study of science policy evaluation in five countries funded by The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA 2014).
STINT-project: International R&D networks - a project analysing innovation and science across regions and organisations" funded by The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT), 2009-2014.
The project funded by STINT included collaboration with the innovation studies group at Imperial College London and Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
Previous experience from working in international research projects and managing in the KTH-participation in the EU-project Ecopadev about environmental policy in planning European science and technology parks.
Experiences from Nordic research collaboration from project The Innovation System and the Periphery (ISP) funded by the Nordic Innovation centre, addressing local systems for innovation and embedded knowledge in light scale manufacturing, local food production and tourism sector in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland. The project resulted in an underlying report for analysis of innovation strategies in the Nordic countries published by the Nordic Innovation Centre, now called Nordic innovation.
Following the completion of my PhD, I went to Stanford University in October 2005 as a visiting fellow at Scancor - Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research. My post-doc project was entitled Research, Innovation and Network Analysis targeting Sustainable Development (RINAS) and was funded by The Sweden-America Foundation and the Swedish research council Formas. Text in KTH Campi newsletter about post-doc experiences as a visiting scholar at Stanford University (in Swedish).
During my doctoral studies I received a one year Marie Curie training site fellowship and went to SPRU (Science and Technology Policy Research) at University of Sussex.
Before starting my PhD I worked with the management team at the municipality of Stockholm (Miljöförvaltningen) reviewing environmental indicators and environmental objectives in the Stockholm environmental program.
Experience from working in international and Nordic projects as affiliated researcher at NIFU - Nordic Institute for Studies in Innovation, Research and Education where I also have experience from working as Swedish Area Editor for the journal Forskningspolitikk, http://www.fpol.no
Doctoral course development and teaching: Organizational Theory and History - Science, Technology and Institutions. (AK3016) 7,5 credits. This course has been offered in 2012 and 2016. See schedule for 2016.
Course responsible and teaching : AK1213 Swedish society, culture and industry in a historical perspective (7,5 credits) Course responsible 2014-15 and 2019-20.
Other lectures and seminar activities includes the course Urban infrastructure at KTH addressing renewable energy, sustainability and innovation in policy and planning. Also teaching in research methods courses with focus on tools and methods in the research process, Communicating science (lecture and seminar about deconstructing scientific papers in the writing process). Previous course development and teaching in course Regional Innovation Systems at KTH.
Samhälle, kultur och industri i Sverige ur ett historiskt perspektiv (AK1213), kursansvarig, lärare | Kurswebb