Ramis Örlü, born in Germany received his MSc (Dipl-.Ing.) in 2003 from the Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany, in Mechanical Engineering. In 2009 he received his Tekn. Dr. (Ph.D.) in Fluid Mechanics from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, and got his Docent (Habilitation) in Experimental Fluid Physics from the same institute in 2015. His research is focused on experimental methods and turbulent flows as well as their control.
Since 2009, he works as a researcher at the Linné FLOW Centre and the Department of Engineering Mechanics at KTH. He is so far author and co-author of more than 150 scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- Docent in Experimental Fluid Physics 2015 at KTH
- Ph.D. in Mechanics 2009 at KTH Mechanics.
- Licentiate in Fluid Mechanics 2006 at KTH Mechanics.
- Master of Science (Dipl.-Ing.) in Applied Mechanics 2003 at Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany.
- Adjunct Professor at University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy, 2017-present.
- Researcher at KTH Mechanics, 2009-present.
- Ph.D. student at KTH Mechanics 2004-2009.