Ragnar Thobaben was born on 7 July 1977 in Hamburg, Germany. He received the Dipl.-Ing. degree (M.Sc.) in electrical engineering in 2001 and the Dr.-Ing. degree (Ph.D.) in electrical engineering in 2007 from the Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany. Since December 2006, Ragnar is with the Division of Information Science and Engineering at EECS, KTH. Ragnar has been working on different topics such as joint source-channel coding and iterative/message-passing receiver design, cognitive radio, cooperative communication, and coordination. His current research focuses on information theory for machine learning, information theoretic and physical-layer security and energy harvesting, as well as coding theory, communication theory, and graph-based information processing processing applied to problems in communications and learning. Ragnar serves as an Editor for the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION FORENSICS AND SECURITY (since 2020) and has been Editor for the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS (2016-20). Ragnar is part of the CERCES Center for Resilient Critical Infrastructures.
Current PhD Students
- Martin Lindström: Information theory for machine learning (co-supervisor: M. Skolglund)
- Borja Rodriguez Galvez: Information theory for machine learning (main supervisor: M. Skolglund)
- Anna Sundelin (KI): Sepsis and sequential organ failure assessment in the intensive care unit (main Supervisor: Johan Mårtensson, KI)
Navid Korah Soltani(KI): Towards improved glucose control in critically ill patients (main Supervisor: Johan Mårtensson, KI)
Previous PhD Students
- Boules Mouris: Wirelessly Powered Communications: From Signal Optimization to Antenna Design, June 2022 (co-supervisor: Oscar Quevedo-Teruel)
- Henrik Forssell: Physical layer security for resilient critical infrastructures, Jan. 2021 (co-supervised by James Gross).
- Leefke Grosjean, Practical Anytime Codes, May 2016 (main advisor: Lars Kildehøj).
- Frédéric Gabry, Secrecy in Cognitive Radio Networks, Nov. 2014 (main advisor: Mikael Skoglund).
- Mattias Andersson, Coding and Transmission Strategies for Secrecy, Apr. 2014 (main advisor: Mikael Skoglund).
- Ricardo Blasco Serrano, On Compression and Coordination in Networks, Nov. 2013 (main advisor: Mikael Skoglund).
- Zhongwei Si, Structured LDPC Convolutional Codes, Jan. 2013 (main advisor: Mikael Skoglund).
Examensarbete i datalogi och datateknik med inriktning mot industriell ekonomi, avancerad nivå (DA235X), examinator, kursansvarig | Kurswebb
Examensarbete inom elektroteknik, avancerad nivå (EA238X), examinator, kursansvarig | Kurswebb
Examensarbete inom elektroteknik, avancerad nivå (EA250X), examinator, kursansvarig | Kurswebb