Studies within Decision and Control Systems
We offer courses in basic and advanced control, modeling of dynamical systems, nonlinear control, hybrid and embedded systems, model predictive control, reinforcement learning and a project course in control.
Programmes and courses
The division is involved in the 5-year Master of Science Program in Electrical Engineering and the Master Program in Systems, Control and Robotics, but also offers courses within a large number of other programs at KTH.
The division is involved in the following programmes:
The division gives the following courses for bachelor and master students:
- EL1000 Reglerteknik allmän kurs för CTFYS, CELTE m.fl.
- EL1010 Reglerteknik allmän kurs för CFATE, CMEDT, CMAST, CDEPR m.fl.
- EL2820 Modelling of Dynamical Systems
- EL2700 Model Predictive Control
- EL2620 Nonlinear Control
- EL2805 Reinforcement Learning
- EL2450 Hybrid and Embedded Control Systems
- EL2520 Control Theory and Practice, Advanced Course
- EL2425 Automatic Control Project Course
- EL205X Degree Project in Automatic Control, Second Cycle
Course leaflet (pdf 1.6 MB) describing all our Master level courses.
Master degree projects
About 35 students complete their Masters' Degree Project at the division each year. A Masters' Degree Projects can be performed in collaboration with a company or some governmental institution, at a university abroad, or within the division. In all cases, both a supervisor and an examiner will be appointed by the Division of Decision and Control Systems. If you are interested in performing your master thesis at the division, please contact:
- Master degree projects are published in the degree project portal
Rules for MSc Projects
- Administration of your Master Degree Project
- Carrying out the actual project
- Guidelines for carrying out an MSc project at Div of Decision and Control Systems (pdf 121 kB)
- General tips on how to write thesis report (from NADA, in Swedish) (pdf 691 kB)