Interested in studying a master’s programme at KTH? To be eligible you must meet the admission requirements of your chosen programme(s) and include the documents stated below in your application. All applications are assessed according to predetermined selection criteria set for each programme.
To be eligible for the programme, you must have been awarded a bachelor's degree, be proficient in English and meet the programme-specific requirements.
A bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish bachelor's degree, or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognised university, is required. Students who are following longer technical programmes, and have completed courses equivalent to a bachelor's degree, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Students in their final year of undergraduate studies may apply and, if qualified, will receive a conditional acceptance. These applicants must include a written statement according to the instructions given by University Admissions in Sweden . Students in the final year of undergraduate studies at a Swedish university do not have to provide a written statement in order, if qualified, to receive a conditional acceptance. They must, however, have completed 150 ECTS credits in the bachelor’s programme by 3 February.
English language proficiency equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course B/6 is required. The requirement can be satisfied through a result equal to, or higher than, those stated in the following internationally recognised English tests:
- TOEFL Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 575.
TOEFL ITP is not accepted.
- TOEFL iBT internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90
- IELTS Academic/IELTS UKVI: A minimum overall mark of 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- Cambridge ESOL: Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Certificate in Advanced English or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 90
- University of Michigan, ECPE (Examination for the certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Pearson PTE Academic: Score of 62 (writing 61)
The language requirement can also be fulfilled through previous university and upper secondary school studies. More information on recognised English tests, previous studies, and required documents is provided by University Admissions in Sweden .
Specific requirements for each master's programme
Each master's programme have additional admission requirements.
Application documents and selection criteria
Information on application documents and selection criteria is found on each programmes page for entry requirements.