The two-year master's programme in Molecular Science and Engineering consists of three terms of courses and one final term dedicated to the master's degree project. Each term consist of approximately 30 ECTS credits. The courses presented on this page apply to studies starting in autumn 2020.
During the master studies one course is mandatory, at least three out of five conditionally elective courses must be chosen, some recommended courses will be taken, 15 credits can be freely chosen, and the last semester a master thesis project will be performed. It is recommended that the mandatory and conditionally elective courses are taken during the first year, but the student is free to create his or her own schedule during the two years. Note that courses given during the spring semester should be taken in the first year since the master thesis project is scheduled to the spring semester in the second year.
ME2814 can be replaced by the following courses and counted as a recommended course: ME2016 Project Management, Leadership and Control, AL2160 Environmental Management, LS2429 Technical communication in English (period 2 or 3 in year 2), or corresponding course(s) with a maximum of 7.5 credits. If the student wants to take another course than the ones mentioned here, the program responsible must approve before the course starts.
Recomended courses may be cancelled if number of admitted students are less than minimum of places, or will be given every second year.
Students in the Degree Progr. in Biotechnology, who wants to obtain the Degree of Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Biotechnology, must take these courses;
BB2460 Biocatalysis, 7,5 credits
BB2020 Molecular Enzymology7.5 credits
Conditionally elective courses
- Molecular Enzymology (BB2020) 7.5 credits
- Biocatalysis (BB2460) 7.5 credits
- Solid State Chemistry: Structures and Methods (KD2155) 7.5 credits
- Molecular Thermodynamics (KD2340) 7.5 credits
- Photo, Radiation and Radical Chemistry (KD2370) 7.5 credits
- Ideation- Creating Your Own Company (ME2814) 7.5 credits
This is a preliminary list of courses for study year 2 for those who started the program 2019. There might be changes. Recomended courses may be cancelled if number of admitted students are less than minimum of places, or will be given every second year.
Study year 2 consists of recommended courses and ends with a mandatory degree project, second level, 30 higher education credits.
(See listed degree projects, below)
Degree Project in Chemistry, Second Cycle - KD200X
Degree Project in Chemical Engineering, Second Cycle - KE200X
Degree Project in Fibre and Polymer Technology, Second Cycle - KF200X
- Molecular Modeling (BB2280) 7.5 credits
- Chemical Sensing (CE2020) 7.5 credits
- Selective organic synthesis, theory (CE2385) 7.5 credits
- Nano-structured Materials (KD2170) 7.5 credits
- Biomedical Materials (KD2300) 7.5 credits
- Corrosion and Surface Protection (KD2380) 7.5 credits
- Selective Organic Synthesis (KD2390) 9.0 credits
- Applied Electrochemistry (KE2110) 7.5 credits
- Electrochemical Energy Devices (KE2300) 7.5 credits
- Risk Analysis and Management for Chemical Engineers (KE2351) 7.5 credits
- Polymer Chemistry (KF2130) 7.5 credits
- Polymer Physics (KF2140) 7.5 credits