Courses for Medical Engineering
The two-year master's programme in Medical Engineering consists of three terms of courses and one final term dedicated to the master's degree project. Each term consist of approximately 30 ECTS credits. The courses presented on this page apply to studies starting in autumn 2022.
Students without a bachelor's degree in medical technology must read HL1007 Medical Engineering, Basic Course in year 1 and will therefore read AK2036 or AK2050 in year 2.
Students in the Physics track with Biomechanics specialisation who want to to read the course: Introduction to Biomechanics SE2121, can apply for an exemption from the Advanced Project Carrier (CM2017) course.
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Natural and Technological Science) (AK2036) 7.5 credits
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Medical Ethics) (AK2050) 6.0 credits
- Signal Processing and Data Analytics in Biomedical Engineering (CM2013) 7.5 credits
- Simulation Methods in Medical Engineering (CM2014) 7.5 credits
- Project Carrier Course for Medical Engineers, part 1 (CM2015) 15.0 credits
- Project Carrier Course for Medical Engineers, part 2 (CM2016) 9.0 credits
- Project Carrier Course for Medical Engineers, part 3 (CM2017) 6.0 credits
- Statistics for Medical Engineering (CM2018) 7.5 credits
- Medical Engineering, Basic Course (HL1007) 6.0 credits