The Transformation of Industrial Society
The purpose of the project "The Transformation of Industrial Society: Industrial growth and change in company development and municipal planning" is to study industrial structural transformation in Sweden in a contemporary and historical perspective.
Five subprojects analyse the consequences of these transformations for people, companies, municipalities, buildings and landscapes from a national and international comparative perspective. The focus is on the second half of the 20th century and the early 21th century. A main question is: what are chosen as industrial heritage and who does it?
- Professor Maths Isacson: The contemporary renewal of old industrial centres (50%)
- Ph. D. Anders Houltz: The role of history and the concept of modernism in the building of companies
- Fil.Lic. Anna Storm: The role of the industrial heritage in municipal planning and renewal (2005-2007)
- Professor emeritus Marie Nisser: The industrial heritage in a national and global perspective (not financed by the project)
- Ph. D. Brita Lundström: The companies and the industrial heritage (2008-2009)
Funding: The foundation of Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg and the Foundation of Marcus and Amalia Wallenberg´s Memorial Fund.