Our yearly safety inspections represent an important event to make the working environment at ITM’s offices and laboratories of highest standard to create a safe and inspiring working environment as well as to meet the Swedish law requirements. As a part of these efforts, it is time for our yearly safety inspections at each department. During the safety inspections an expert from Avanova will also participate. The specific days for the safety inspections are the following:
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering: Wednesday February 21
- Department of Learning: Wednesday March 28
- Department of Industrial Production: Wednesday March 7
- Deans office education office: Thursday March 8
- Deans office Sing Sing: Thursday March 15
- Department of Industrial Economy and Management: Thursday March 22
- Department of Sustainable Production Development: Wednesday March 28
- Department of Energy: Wednesday April 4
- Department of Machine Design Wednesday April 11
The outcome of the safety inspections will be a document that summarizes possible corrections that need to be addressed. It is each Department Head’s task to make a plan to specify how and when these corrections should be completed in order to meet our standards as well as to meet the laws and regulations. Please contact your nearest manager if you need more information regarding the safety inspection at your department.
For those of you with kids an important time of the year is coming up next week, namely “sports week” (sportlov). Most of you will most likely plan some winter activities and I wish you a pleasant time. However, I will take a short break in the desert in Arizona. Shorts and t-shirt, swimming in pools, Mexican food… Sounds good or what do you think?
Pär Jönsson, Vice Head of School