1.5 Quick Guide
This is a Quick guide, meant to facilitate for you as a teacher to get started regardless if it is to set up a challenge based course for the first time or to develop an existing course. The Quick guide contains the most essential aspects you need to consider when designing a challenge based course. To learn more about these aspects, read the referred chapter(s).
To design a challenge based course:
- (re)consider and (re)phrase the intended learning outcomes (Chapter 2)
- decide how to formulate the project tasks (Chapter 2)
- decide how to set up the student teams (Chapter 3)
- decide how to guide, coach and assess the students (Chapter 3 and 4)
- (re)consider what resources are needed for the students to fulfil the task (Chapter 2 and 3)
- (re)consider how the course fits among other courses/ in the programme (Chapter 2).