Internal Environmental Audit
- Follow-up and evaluation of mandatory requirements
- Management’s commitment and responsibilities
- Organisation and working methods for sustainability work
- Sustainability-aspects within the framework of the quality process for education and research
The KTH Sustainability Office will support the schools in their effort to maintain and develop environmental management practices and thereby the work towards achieving sustainability goals. The purpose of this organisational change is to create “One KTH,“ by way of enhancing support and strengthening competence regarding the work with the environmental management system’s administrative procedures.
The KTH Sustainability Office will work directly with responsible managers and responsible function heads instead of – like today– environmental agents. This means that Charlott Flodin and Adde Jeihouni will resign as environmental representatives from January 1, 2019.
Read more about the Environmental Audit here (in Swedish only).
Organisational Changes for Operational Support
The Rector has decided on the new internal organisation for Joint Operational Support (GVS). The new departments at UF will be:
- Finance and Procurement (Finance and Procurement)
- Planning, Evaluation, Quality (Planning and evaluation, Administrative Law)
- Human Resources (Human Resources, Employment Law)
- Education Support (Academic Registry, Students´ Office, International Relations)
- Research Support (Research Office, Contract Law, Fundraising)
- Collaboration (Communication, KTH Business Liaison excl. Fundraising)
- Sites and Operation (Site Services, Department for Building and Environment)
- ICT Services (IT Department, Records Management and Archive)
- Common Infrastructure (Internal audit, KTHB, KTH Innovation incl. IPR Law, Open lab, Alba Nova, SciLifeLab Administration)
Internal Audit is subject to the KTH Board, but will organisationally be places within GVS. Head of GVS is Managing Director Anders Lundgren. The Rector further decided that the KTH’s Head of School Council will function as a strategic council for the Joint Operations Support (GVS). The new organisation will be put into effect on January 1, 2019.
/ Christina Carlsson, Head of Administration