Degree project checklist
1. Title and summary
- The title clearly describes the report.
- The summary reflects the content of the report. Both English and Swedish summaries are provided.
- The question is easy to identify, the project's purpose and objective are clear.
- The problem (and the student's contribution) has defined limits, its relevance is justified and put in context.
- The student displays knowledge of theoretical background and previous related work (significant literature is mentioned and relevant material is used).
- The background is coherent and relevant.
- The choice of method is justified.
- Relevant methods are clearly described and supported by references.
- The methods are used correctly, the technical content is at an appropriate level.
5. Results (objective observations)
- The results achieved in the project are structured in a logical manner and clearly illustrated (tables, charts, etc.).
- Suitable data analysis or examination has been performed in a technically correct manner.
6. Discussion and conclusions (subjective analyses)
- The main findings are highlighted and critically evaluated against the background of the study's assumptions and limitations.
- The project results are interpreted or discussed in a broader context; opinions and personal comments are well founded and supported by the results.
- The conclusions are reasonable, concrete and correspond to the question.
7. The report - general characteristics (written presentation)
- The report is coherent and focused on the problem; the project's objective is achieved and the question is supported by the content
- The presentation style is well suited to the intended readers (it should be comprehensible and relevant for Master's students with basic, but not necessarily detailed, knowledge of the subject area).
- Tables and graphs are used in the report and referred to in the text; table description and captions are clear and informative
- The content is well structured and the language in the report is at an appropriate level (follows technical/academic standards)
- Spelling, grammar and formatting are at a good level